Items Your Lender Will Need

Items Your Lender Will Need
If you are buying a home and need to obtain a mortgage it is a good idea in the beginning of your home buying process to meet with a mortgage broker. If you do not have a relationship with a mortgage broker ask your real estate agent to recommend some local mortgage brokers in the Columbia River Gorge.
When you meet with your mortgage broker you should bring the following items (if applicable):
  • Last 2 years of federal tax returns
  • Last 2 years of federal business tax Returns
  • Last 2 years of W-2s and/or 1099s
  • Last 2 months of Bank Statements
  • Statements from your 401K or IRA
  •  Last 30 days of pay check stubs
  • Divorce decree
  • Child support order
  •  Bankruptcy discharge papers
  • Pension statement
  • Social security award letter
For a VA loan you will also need to bring
  • Copy of DD-214
  • Certificate of Eligibility